The Mobile Agent Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

The "RED X" ? Options
J T
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 9:05:20 PM

Groups: Registered

Neil or James, can you explain the purpose of this new "red X" feature, which I'm guessing was added for the July 2 update? I'm finding that it's often eliminating the + signs when drawing wall by wall, which results in not being able to complete rooms that I've been drawing for years without any issues. I've even seen it pop up when trying to draw a simple rectangular shaped room.

The video to go with the screen shot: https://vimeo.com/287691297

And a "workaround" that allowed me to complete the room starting with a different wall: https://vimeo.com/287692774

In this video, I draw the same room PRE-July 2 update without any issues. The room in question is at 4:35: https://vimeo.com/263522362
Sponsor  

Our iPad App has now been launched - search for 'PlanUp' in the App Store on iPad.
neil
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2018 4:52:56 PM

Groups: Administrators

This was put in with the view to stopping users having overlaps in the rooms, however there are one or two occasions this this does not work correctly as you can see.

When this happens though you should be able to click to the next corner and it will create the next wall for you anyway. It could also be worth trying to start from another wall as sometimes starting from a different location will allow it to work correctly.

It is on the list of things to be sorted so hopefully it won't be too long as the work is still fresh in mind.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Kind regards,
====================
Neil Torr
PlanUp

support@planup.co.uk
www.planup.co.uk
====================
J T
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2018 10:01:41 PM

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply, Neil. I guess I didn't understand what the purpose of it was for considering drawing rooms with the wall by wall method was pretty cut and dry! There really is no way you can screw it up if you're drawing corner to corner and simply tracing along walls. :-) I tend to see walls out of line more often when people auto-complete a room and then drag a wall to line up with another wall (turning that wall green). I always tell them they can avoid that alignment issue if they just use the wall by wall feature and go corner to corner. You really can't screw it up that way. haha

neil
#4 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2018 2:57:00 PM

Groups: Administrators

You are right, most of the time the alignment issues are caused by creating the room and then shaping afterwards. However, we do get times quite frequently when overlaps happen even when using the wall by wall option - possibly a result of rushing or occasionally if there are corners very close together as a result of angled wall anomalies and so on.

We put this in to try to prevent these problems but unfortunately as it turns put we haven't quite got it right yet, so please bear with us, we are working on it.
Kind regards,
====================
Neil Torr
PlanUp

support@planup.co.uk
www.planup.co.uk
====================