The Mobile Agent Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Attention Neil and James - Complicated Floor Plan Options
J T
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2019 7:56:15 PM

Groups: Registered

How would either of you draw this curved hallway and the surrounding rooms? Honestly, I don't think it's possible, but if either of you have a solution, I'd LOVE to hear it.

Sponsor  

Our iPad App has now been launched - search for 'PlanUp' in the App Store on iPad.
neil
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 3:43:47 PM

Groups: Administrators

Quite honestly to get this using a curve is impossible in PlanUp. You could use a series of separate curves but that would take far more time to get it looking as you want than would be worthwhile. The problem being as I'm sure you are aware whilst it is possible to match curves easily enough with the autocomplete when drawing rooms on the opposite side of a curve, curves that run along several walls do not connect properly in the first place.

What I would suggest doing for this would be to use a series of short straight walls, maybe using two walls to draw the end of each of the rooms adjacent to the curve? That way you can at least approximate the curve without it necessarily taking too long to draw out. You can then match the hallway to those straight lines simply by joining the dots.

Sorry we can't be of any further help on this occasion but if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Kind regards,
====================
Neil Torr
PlanUp

support@planup.co.uk
www.planup.co.uk
====================
J T
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 4:58:26 PM

Thanks for the response, Neil. Do you foresee any time in the near future that an update to the app would be made so curved hallways and rooms like this would be easier to draw?

neil
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:34:26 PM

It is certainly something that we want to be doing but I am not sure at this moment when such an update will happen.

The next release will be making it much easier to fill in awkward spaces (essentially a click and drag and it will simply fill out the room for you) but it does not address the curved wall aspect of smoothing the meeting point of curved walls where it follows between rooms.

I'll put in a further request for the curved wall blending to try and get this pushed up the development list for you.
Kind regards,
====================
Neil Torr
PlanUp

support@planup.co.uk
www.planup.co.uk
====================
J T
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 3:47:28 PM

neil wrote:

The next release will be making it much easier to fill in awkward spaces (essentially a click and drag and it will simply fill out the room for you)

That sounds fantastic! Anything to make completing rooms more efficient I'm all for. :-)

Any idea when that update would be released?
neil
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:27:07 PM

Sorry for the delay in response. We are getting a lot closer, hopefully only a week or two away but as we are still testing it might be that problems that haven't yet been found may surface.

We want to get this out as soon as possible but obviously can't until we are happy it's ready.
Kind regards,
====================
Neil Torr
PlanUp

support@planup.co.uk
www.planup.co.uk
====================
Kyle Baker
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2019 2:12:59 AM

J T wrote:
neil wrote:

The next release will be making it much easier to fill in awkward spaces (essentially a click and drag and it will simply fill out the room for you)

That sounds fantastic! Anything to make completing rooms more efficient I'm all for. :-)

Any idea when that update would be released?

JT looks like they won't be making any serious updates to the app of odd curves like this any time soon. Not sure if you have been on the app this week but the new release is out and it's well........ not fantastic. PlanUp continues to make their app harder to use.

Forget having the ability to fine-tune, auto snapping starts between at 5"-3" from any crated corner.

Removing the quick toolbar (split curve 45*) and added it to the pull-up menu. Not happy about this making more clicks for something that is used constantly. We don't have square boxes in America. Try floor planning a Frank Lloyd Wright house PlanUp I dare you.....

I am however curious how the "new" wrap-around tool works with odd angles and strange curves on the Ipad. Will it wrap and fit/fill all walls or just fail and crash as it did in the past?

Too many questions and I'm sure you have many more as you look to be a frequent poster here.

On another note I find it easier to try and create the rooms as best as I can on site via Ipad then use the pen tool in PS to create a curve. More postwork but it did a far better job than both the desktop and Ipad app.